Micro Entity accounting

Hi is anyone using QF and filing Micro Entity accounts? If so what do you do with dividend payments. IE are they put as staff costs? trying to make sure that balance sheet is correct as no CT600 online form now on HMRC online filing.
Thanks

Hi realised if put as staff costs it would reduce corp tax which cant be right. :0

Dividends are not expense , they are after tax items

1 Like

Hi yes thats why I added note. I realised that. It is coming from shareholders funds but not sure where to put it so it all balances. Unless just out of current account directly? Thks

With Micro entity accounts its all lumped together anyway under assets

any clues on what this exactly means From FRSSE. thks

Dividends relating to a financial instrument or a component that is a financial
liability shall be recognised as expense in profit or loss. Distributions to holders of an
equity instrument shall be debited by the entity directly to equity, net of any related
income tax benefit. If an entity declares dividends after the balance sheet date, the
dividends shall not be recognised as a liability at the balance sheet date.

Smaller Entities (effective January 2015)

any one got an input please… :slight_smile: thanks

These are more general accountancy related questions rather than anything specifically related to QuickFile, you’d probably get a better response on something like AccountingWeb rather than here.

HI thanks for that. I will look at soon. I think I have worked out that you don’t put dividends anywhere other than in your accounts which affects the balance figure. As the new filing is not the old CT600 form which would not complete unless all balanced etc. Not sure if that’s good or bad idea yet. Many a silly error has been spotted using CT600 PDF calcs.

Cheers

OK thanks. Not used this for a while.