Mileage claim, paid from business to personal account

Hi,

I’ve followed the mileage guide, however, I have a question on the Proprietor Drawings element, as I’m expecting the mileage expense to show on the P&L.

I have paid the amount from the Business account to my Personal account, so looking at the below, I’m now confused.

Question is where do I post the Mileage transaction too if I have paid this to my Personal account from Business account, and why is it currently not showing on P&L?

Simply select the ‘Proprietor Drawings Account’ and payment method if it was not actually reimbursed to you from the business account:

The act of creating the purchase is what causes the expense to appear in your P&L, regardless of which bank account you use to mark it as “paid”. If it’s not showing in P&L for the right year then you’ve probably either set the wrong date on the purchase - e.g. if you’re trying to record your mileage for the 2022-23 tax year then the purchase would need to be dated during that year, say 31st March - or the purchase is still “draft” rather than “sent” or “paid”.

1 Like

Thanks, Fixed it, I had the date as the 05/04/2022 which caused the problem

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.