Missing Purchase Invoice

Hello, I just realised I have a gap in my Purchase Invoices.
It jumps between QF00024 and QF00026 (QF0025 is missing and I am not able to manually use this number to fill the gap.
I cant remember deleting this invoice but even if this was the case wouldn’t any record be kept in the background in the software for auditing purposes?

thanks,

Hi @Mimi
If you are unable to re-use that invoice number then you may have archived or deleted it. When you go to Sales >> View all Sales scroll down to the bottom of the page and you can select to view archived invoice or deleted invoices:

You can then restore them if needed - hope this helps

It is a Purchase Invoice, but followed the same procedure. Thnak you :slight_smile:

Sorry - should have been wearing my glasses! but yes… same concept for purchase invoices :slight_smile:

The QFnnnn numbers are just for your own internal reference so it doesn’t really matter if they’re out of sequence - it matters for sales invoices but not really for purchases.

As for why it happened, have you created a credit note? I find when I create a purchase credit note that somehow “consumes” the next QF number, so it’ll go QF01234, CN00024, QF01236 (skipping 1235).

I’ve experienced similar issue yesterday, where the invoicing sequence is skipped from 0000013 to 0000015. I’ve not deleted nor archived the invoice. In the recent events summary it says invoice has been created but it is no where to be found. Are you able to assist with this please?

Hi @Spectra

Have you checked through the archived/deleted invoices? or as @ian_roberts had you created a credit note inbetween?

Yes I have checked those. I haven’t deleted/archived the invoice nor created a credit note.

Is it definitely missing? Have you reordered the column to sort by QF number? I think by default it sorts by date and this doesn’t always correlate with the QF number order.

Having just had a look at mine though it is very difficult to track the QF numbers as they are all over the place date wise and with credit notes thrown in and dates always being out of order it is almost impossible to see where the numbering has gone. I actually wouldn’t worry about the QF numbers at all, I don’t even know why we are shown them as they are more for internal reference/ID not for us to use to follow/track.

It is definitely missing. I have attached the overview from my system. It shows invoice 14 was created but it automatically changed to 15. The system never showed invoice 15 was created.

I’m not sure you are reading that right. It doesn’t say it changed to #000015, it says #000015 was edited.

If you go into each invoice and scroll to the bottom of the page it will show the individual history and show when it was created.

There is no history to say it was created. It says 15 was saved.

Whose name is in the log as being the one that saved it?

It was logged by Ann-Marie

OK. That suggests the system didn’t do anything. Maybe Ann-Marie edited invoice #000014 and changed the invoice number?

It’s not possible to change invoice number in the system. It is automatically generated.

Not sure where you have got that from, you can edit the invoice numbers even when they are automatically generated.

This thread started off as being about the internal QF numbers, you are talking about your actual invoice numbers.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.