Move to new code

I have a client who has tagged a number of items to General sales when they should be General purchases. When trying to move these to a new code, the system only brings up a few Sales codes and not all codes. How do I move them?

Hi,

If you client has raised a Sales invoice they will not be able to tag this as a General Purchase as it has been raise on the Sales Ledger and not the Purchase Ledger.

I’m not really sure I follow what you are asking?

No Sales invoices raised, just tagged from a bank payment to General sales.

If they go to the bank and De-Tag the transaction they should be able to Tag it to where they want it to go.

Yes thanks, I know we can do this, it will just take a long time as there are many entries. I had advised client to put all payments they didn’t know how to code to General purchases and we would then move to the correct nominal code. Don’t quite understand why the system is not setup to move to any new code?

Would have to put this forward as a product improvement.

Hi @Fairway

If needed you can bulk move nominal postings using the bulk re-coding tool, but this is only within the same group of nominals (purchases can only be moved to purchases, overheads can only be moved to overheads, etc.).