Moving a suppliers invoice between suppliers

Hi

Is it possible to move an invoice from one supplier to another? We have 2 accounts with one supplier and have posted to the wrong one - thanks

Hi @Twins1998

It is possible. All you would need to do is edit the invoice and update the supplier to the correct one.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Hi Sian

Thanks but where do you edit from? I thought it would be the thing to do but I can’t see an edit option

thanks

Chris

Hi @Twins1998

If you go into the purchase invoice you have the option to modify it at the top of the invoice:

Then you can edit the supplier name:

Change this to the correct supplier and then once you’re done, click the save button at the bottom of the screen:

This will then save the supplier invoice to the correct supplier.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks Sian - all sorted :grinning:

2 Likes

Also, when you say, 2 accounts for the same supplier, is this because you accidently created two suppliers in quickfile when there should be one? if so what you could have done is merge the suppliers without moving the invoices.

If you go to Suppliers, and pick the one you want to keep, at the top it says more options, click that and then select merge suppliers, then type the name of the other account you want to merge it with, it will bring up a list of all invoices it will move, click ok, and you then have 1 supplier with all invoices from both accounts merged.

Thanks Paul, good to know - we intentionally have 2 accounts but could be useful in the future

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.