Moving to Xero from Quickfile

Is anyone familiar with moving from Quick file to Xero? we love Quick file but we have outgrown it as a business.
I need to download a report with outstanding invoices on and all the details plus the nominal codes, does anyone have any idea how to do this please? I need it to match the outstanding number in my accounts receivable.

Hi @EmmaJPL

Your best bet is usually a trial balance report, which can be found by going to Reports >> Trial Balance. However, you’re probably best asking the Xero community as they’re going to be more familiar with Xero.

I’d be interested to know in what way you feel that you’ve outgrown QuickFile however, so any feedback would be gratefully appreciated. We would certainly be sorry to see you go!

Hi,

I have done that but, i need to be able to print off my Debit and Credit Control Accounts with all the information in to be able to import it into Xero. For this i need the nominal codes, descriptions, tax codes etc.

We are happy with everything that Xero has given us but we felt we needed more, maybe an aged debtors report which is detailed.

There shouldn’t be a need to print off any documents. The trial balance is basically a snap shot of your account as at a specific date. But if you need to export your nominal code activity, you can do so by using the “Export” option on the Chart of Accounts report (Reports >> Chart of Accounts). You can tailor the report based on ranges and whether you want a summary or complete list of entries.

The great thing about QuickFile, is we have an active community and we’re open to ideas from that community. In fact, many of our new features (supplementary pages, project tags, segmented profit and loss report and more) were born from community ideas.

What sort of detail were you looking for from one of these reports? We have currently 2 types of reports around this subject:

1. Debtor (Clients) Ageing Report, and Creditor (Supplier) Ageing Report. These show a summary of client/supplier, what’s owed and whether it’s overdue or not

2. Debtor / Creditor Report. This lists every invoice along with the issue date, balance, current status (unpaid, partially paid, etc.), description and more at a specific date.

If you would prefer to discuss this more in relation to your own account, I’m happy to send you a private message.

I dont need to print any documents, i need to export a detailed sales and customer report showing whats outstanding, the invoice date, the due date, the value, the invoice number, the tax code, the nomainl code etc.
I need this to equate to the amount outstanding in my debtors control account, in my trial balance.

There are 2 ways you can export a list of outstanding invoices:

1. Go to the outstanding invoice list (under Sales), tick all of them, and click Export. This is however, limited to 50 at a time.

2. The other way would give you a complete list, but you can filter it down using software such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets (which is free). This would be part of your account backup.

I hope that helps.

It does, thank you for your time.

1 Like

Hi,

It still isnt working as of the following -

I need to put in my opening trial balance into Xero and then use the QF back up to find the outstanding invoices that relate to to the figure in my opening trial balance.
I have done both ways that you have suggested above and i keep getting a different figure, why is this?
Do you a helpline where i can speak to somebody please?

We don’t offer telephone support I’m afraid.

A common problem is the date of the reports. It’s worth checking the trial balance dates compared to the dates of the backup as the export would give all data on your account (which is up to date), whereas the trial balance accepts a date range.

It’s also worth noting that the 2100 and 1100 nominals also take into account any pre-payments that are unallocated.

Ive tried filtering out the dates from the back up to match the trial balance dates but it still doesnt match. I dont know what im to do other than manually enter each one and have to try match them that way.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.