MTD failure

Hello

I have been trying to submit a VAT return through MTD but I keep getting the following error.

You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN 195399253 . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update.

I have double checked data and confirmed that I am MTD registered. This account was linked on 02 May to my government gateway account.

Help

If you’re sure you’re definitely registered for MTD on the HMRC side then the best thing to do is probably to go through the connection procedure again (reports -> HMRC). Do you possibly have more than one government gateway account and if so are you definitely connected to the right one, and as an “organisation” rather than an “individual”?

1 Like

I have just gone through the connection process again, still getting the same message.

Hi @circleaccounting

The error message you see if returned to us by HMRC.

If you log into the same HMRC account directly on their website, do you see a section for MTD VAT returns?

Thank you Mathew, I had to update the HMRC account. Have a good day

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.