MTD for VAT issues with HMRC

Hi

I’m trying to access HMRC via QF to submit a VAT return using MTD but keep getting this message:

“HMRC returned a server error, this usually occurs when their service is temporarily down for maintenance”

Although there was a problem with MTD at HMRC yesterday according to HMRC this was resolved and there are no known service issues. Is this something at your end with connectivity ?

Many thanks

I can’t get logged into the HMRC agent portal at the minute, it was up and down all day yesterday as well. Had to work to nearly midnight last night filing VAT returns because of their issues. I’ve no idea what’s wrong, probably the time of year and HMRC systems not being able to cope.

Hi @Echohead

There are no issues on our end. As @Mushroom said, there were issues yesterday but we were informed that these were resolved yesterday afternoon.

It’s likely to be a temporary issue, so I’d perhaps leave it half hour or so and give it another go. Also as @Mushroom said, given the return deadline was yesterday, there’s probably an influx of submissions and HMRC may just be struggling with the load at the moment.

Yes it was another HMRC issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Many thanks for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.