MTD Making Tax Digital question

I’ve been ignoring MTD because its not compulsory for me yet. However a quote in another thread suggests I ought to pay attention.

Currently I use QF to file my VAT Return. I’m taken to a digital version of the VAT Return form, check, make adjustments (for vehicle fuel scale) and file. But in this thread
that seems to be coming to an end.

I’ve never enrolled for MTD so I guess that’s the first thing I need to do. Then I need to tick the box on my VAT settings page in QF.

Er, is that it? How will I file my next VAT Return and how will I make amendments for vehicle fuel scale charges?

Thanks!

Hi @glasgow,

You will still be able to run the VAT returns in QuickFile but when the old style submission is decommissioned you won’t be able to submit through QuickFile.

You will still be able to submit without MTD by inputting your figures with HMRC directly but I believe they are also trying to phase this out.

If you’d like to submit via MTD then yes, this is the first step. Once you have done this you will receive an email confirmation. You can then update your settings on QuickFile to reflect this.

You would do this in a similar way, you’d go to Reports>>HMRC this would then bring up what is due, and then you’d create it from there.

You can still make adjustments the same way you did with the old method.

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.