MTD - submitting VAT return

Hello

I am a Quickfile newbie and need to submit my VAT returns (for two businesses) electronically for the first time. I switched to MTD in Quickfile on Tuesday afternoon for both businesses, but as of this morning (36 hours later) I still get the " You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN XXX . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update." message (for both businesses). Is this normal and should I just give it a bit longer, or is there something wrong? Thanks!

K

Hi @koenfucius,

Have you registered with HMRC and received the confirmation email from them? The error you are seeing is given when there is no link set up.

Thanks for the quick reply, Beth. When I switched to MTD, I was taken to the HMRC website. I then logged in there, and gave Quickfile permission to access my HMRC account, after which the tab was closed and I was returned to Quickfile. I did this exact same thing for both businesses. Should I have done anything else?
Thanks!

K

hi @koenfucius,

Yes, you will need to have gone to HMRC to register for MTD, if you have not registered with HMRC then there will be no link available.

There is a guide here: Signing up for Making Tax Digital

Hope this helps

Yes, that helps - many thanks! Now enrolled. I thought the registration of the Quickfile software had done all that is needed, but I now see that Quickfile helpfully says “ensure that you are first enrolled with MTD”, which I obviously overlooked at the time…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
As I seem to have done things in the reverse order, will I need to go through the process of granting Quickfile permission again? If so, how should I go about this?
Thanks again!

K

Hi @koenfucius,

You shouldn’t have to, once you have had the confirmation email from HMRC the link should be set up.

Super, thank you very much once again. I am really glad I chose Quickfile! :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.