MTD VAT not connected

I have the following message come up when I go to my VAT obligations

You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN 754596293 . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update.

I have checked that everything is right and so called HMRC and they told me that Quickfile hasn’t authorised my VAT/MTD rather than them.

I’m so confused now and wondered if you could help or have any advice?
Many thanks

Hi @Pavla,

Have you made sure that you’ve connected the correct government gateway account (if you have more than one).

Have you also had the confirmation email from HMRC to say the set up is complete? (if you have, when did you receive the email?)

Hi
This is the email I received from HMRC

Dear Customer

You’ve signed up to use software to submit your VAT Returns.

What happens next

1. Choose relevant third party software.
  2. Allow your software to submit VAT Returns to HMRC. You might need to sign in with your Government Gateway details.
  3. Use software to record your sales and purchases.
  4. Submit your VAT Returns before your deadlines.

From HMRC Digital
That was in June

I’ve spoken to HMRC again and they’ve double checked that everything is correct and connected at their end.
I then re-checked and confirmed my VAT details in QF

Hi @Pavla,

If you have had the confirmation and HMRC are saying that it is all ok their end, then the only thing that would stop it from working from Quickfile would be if you have entered the VAT number incorrectly or linked the incorrect gateway account.

Have you tried removing the details from your VAT settings and then adding them again to make sure that you don’t have any typing errors?

Hi

I’ve removed all the details and re-input them, checking them closely and it’s still giving me the same notice.

Hi @Pavla,

Have you disconnected the account and then re-added it? If you make sure to click disconnect first, then try again.

Unfortunately there isn’t much else I can suggest as the error you are seeing is returned from HMRC so usually means that some of the details are incorrect.

Whooop whoop
It’s connected and done - finally
Thank you very much for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.