MTD VAT return filed but not showing on QF

Doing the 0919 return there was glitch in filing (HMRC end I think). I logged out and came back later to find it had been filed. The problem is that HMRC now have it as filed but QF doesn’t. If I try to create a new VAT return it takes me to HMRC which shows the next return as 1219, and if I create a return it includes all entries from July to December! How do I fix this?
VAT problem.pdf (1.2 MB)

If you temporarily turn off the online filing option in your QuickFile settings you should then be able to save the missing return in QuickFile. You just need to make sure that what you save in QuickFile matches what HMRC think you submitted - if you have to make manual adjustments to achieve this then keep a note as you’ll then have to make the same adjustments in reverse for the next return to get everything back into balance.

I save the calculation download so I know what was filed! That’s great thanks. I didn’t expect it to be so easy.
Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.