I have rolled back the VAT Return for period 1 March - 31 May 2019 in order to make a correction. The software does not allow me to create a new VAT Return for the same period. What are the steps to fix this issue? Thank you!
Hi,
I will remove your account Name & Number from public view.
If the return has been submitted to HMRC then rolling back will just do this within Quickfile - if you need to ‘undo’ your return you will need to contact HMRC.
Yes, but now I can’t redo the VAT return in QuickFile to lock the transactions again. When the HMRC MTD window opens no VAT return can be prepared and sumbited - past present of future. Nothing. I use several other QuickFile accounts on various companies and this one does not look right. Please look into it.
Hi @Malu_Tanase
You would use the roll back option to “undo” a VAT period in QuickFile. You can then create a new one for the same period, but you would need to temporarily disable MTD (in your VAT settings).
If you disable this, you can just create a VAT return without selecting a period from HMRC.
As @QFBeth mentioned however, if there are differences in the figures, you may need to let HMRC know. It’s best to check with your accountant on this.
