National Insurance contributions

I believe I have read this somewhere but now I cannot find how to input recurring national insurance contributions. Can anyone assist please?


If you’re referring to class 2 National Insurance Contributions (for sole traders) these posts may help:

How do I acount for class 2 National Insurance Contributions

Sole trader National Insurance payments

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=f46d0435bffa6a09a704ea9d6e98

Thanks Glenn. Unfortunately  i am thoroughly confused and getting nowhere.
I dont want to  ignore these payments but it looks like I may have to as
their is no Category for NI contributions.

Hi @mike_treglown. If you’re a sole trader, then NI Contributions for yourself aren’t allowable expenses, so they should be tagged as drawings from the business account rather than tagged to a specific nominal code.

These NI contributions should be tagged on the bank as a transfer to the proprietors drawings account.


This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.