Need help preparing VAT RETURN

I’m trying to prepare my VAT RETURN for May-August but keep getting the message:

“The start date you have supplied predates a VAT return you have submitted in the past for a period ending 30 September 2019”

The May-August return in my HMRC Reports Obligations is still listed as ‘open’ and asks me to ‘prepare’. But When I click ‘prepare’ I just keep getting this above message.

I can’t figure out what that means or how to change the start date or what I need to do to be able to submit my return.

Can someone please help.

Thanks

Hi @domellis

It sounds like you already have a VAT return on your account which covers the same period (either partially or completely).

If you go to Reports >> VAT Returns, do you see a return that could be conflicting there?

Thanks QF Mathew.

I do have a vat return in there which is wrongly labelled from 1 July-9th September but can’t see a way to delete it.

There’s an option that says ‘roll back vat return’

Do I need to press that?

Thanks!

Hi @domellis,

Yes, if you roll back the vat return that will essentially ‘undo’ the return. Freeing up the invoices to be included in the actual return.

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.