Negative balance company bank account

Obviously I made a mistake as after reconciliation my bank account shows negative amount.
PayPal shows positive balance, but at the moment is zero after all available funds are transferred to the bank account.
Shall I de-tag all of the transactions from sales and start all over again

Hi, before you started entering all your transactions was there any kind of balance on your bank accounts/PayPal account? If so, have you entered these balances as an opening balance into quickfile, in the settings for each bank account?

£2000 as Directors Loan and zero in PayPal. Then all transactions from sales start automatically to be created as invoiced sales which I have transferred to the bank account

In you PayPal account did you enter the PayPal fees? Also in your PayPal account are there all transactions tagged, are there maybe duplicates? Do you use auto-bank feeds for PayPal and current bank account?

It is always difficult to guess what’s going from distance. You should may add as much information as possible.

Maybe this post is of any help

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I will go through every transaction carefully one more time to see what is going on but when I tryed untagging them and tagging them back again now PayPal got £2161 and the bank account is fine. The trouble is that PayPal balance in actual is £0.00

Sounds like youve got duplicates or tagging it wrong.

If you tag each PayPal transaction to an invoice or receipt, and only tag the transfers out to your bank as transfers it should all balance.

1 Like

Have you ticked this box image in your paypal feed settings?

1 Like

Yes I did. Seems like I have them from before
Will go through it all

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.