Net profit does not match balance of accounts?

Hi Guys,

This may be a stupid question, but I’ve just been checking the tax report (I like to keep my eye on it) and it says my net profit, which is great. However, as I am a start up company I haven’t drawn any money out of the company, apart to pay back the directors loan to myself, which I input into the company when I started it, from my personal account funds. The balance across all my accounts, does not match the net profit before tax, it is out by a couple of hundred pounds.

Could any one shed any light on this, is there something I maybe am not taking into account?

I know the question is a bit vague, but will provide more detail when required. I’m rather confused. Until recently, everything added up.

Hi @sitewideuk

I just want to confirm the situation - you’re looking at the tax summary, but the net profit showing, doesn’t match your profit and loss report. Is that correct?

Hi, Thank you for your response.

I’ve figured out the problem, It is to do with some purchases before my incorporation. I need to move the dates forward to the incorporation date as they are not showing as expenditures in the report.

Sorry, its been a long day.

1 Like

Glad you found the problem!

Please let us know if you need any further help.