New ARD and when to file accounts and CT600

I need someone to explain to me like I’m 5 because I’ve seen so many explanations that I’m confused.

First year in business should have ended June 30 2020 but extended the ARD to 18 months so that the year ends Dec 31 2020.

Companies House says end of year balance should be filed Sept 30 2021 (exactly 9 months after Dec 31 2020)

When do I file the Corporation Tax return? And I understand there should be two returns: 1. June 2019-June 2020 (the first 12 months) and 2. July 2020-Dec 2020 (the extended 6 month period)?

Should I let HMRC know about the new accounting periods (not visible online) or should I just file my returns and they will update them?

Any help would be much appreciated!

You can just file with hmrc but it’s likely you’ll get a filing penalty for missing the period they were expecting. You can write back and explain and they will remove but that’s a long winded way.

In theory when you update companies house with the extension they are meant to tell hmrc.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.