New Dashboard

@rhc I’ve seen suggestions for adding reminders and notes to the pinboard. It’s a good idea and it’s something we’ll look into, I’m afraid I can’t promise anything on timescales as yet.

@JohnJ do you mean when just switching between sales and purchases? Or to persist between leaving the dashboard and returning later? Or all of the above? I’m sensing the last one would be most logical.

I was only thinking of moving between sales and purchases but come to think of it yes, between visits or even sessions, though I’m guessing that would be significantly more coding.

That should be fixed in the next release.

It would be yes, but it’s something that we’ll be working towards.

Any chance the search functionality can be improved so that when you search for a customer from the dashboard, it’ll show the actual ‘client’ result first.

For example, if we search for a customer name (without putting ltd) on the end, it’ll return a shed load of their invoices with the company name in them but never their client account. So we need to select an invoice, open that up and then select the company name from the top of the screen. Happy to PM an example of this if needed.

Appreciate it’s a minor thing but it’s probably one of my biggest annoyances with QF.

@Oliver_Nash No problem, I’ll ask for this to be reviewed.

Thanks Glenn, much appreciated.

Also, on the outstanding invoices page I can’t see the indicator for ‘Direct Debit Enabled’. Is this something you’re aware of?

Can you please recheck the search order? I believe this should now be fixed.

The DD enabled indicator is not on the overdue invoice list but on the recurring invoice list, can you see them there?

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, amazing service as always.

Unfortunately though, I’ve just tried that again and it still doesn’t appear to be prioritising client records.

Apologies, the DD status was visible on the old dashboard on that page although I’ve just checked and can’t see it. Any chance that could be added? It’d be quite handy as it’d let you know which one’s really need to be chased and which one’s are being processed via DD and can be left.

@Oliver_Nash I’ve sent you a private message to get some more info.

Just a quick note… We’ve now added an option in the top right menu “Dashboard layout”. This will allow you to switch between a regular and compact layout. On the invoicing panel you can also now set the table data to appear by default, rather than the chart.

2 Likes

Having a choice of “Regular” or “Compact” experimental dashboard is a good move in the right direction.

An area that is prominently displayed on the original dashboard that no longer is easy to find within the experimental dashboard versions is the “Receipt Hub”. Seeing that there are “receipts” awaiting allocation is a helpful trigger.

There is a box on the experimental dashboard that would restore the “Receipt Hub” status to a more prominent postion, the grey box under the Sales owed and Purchases to pay;
experimental-dashboard-receipt-hub

If this adaption could be considered to preserve the same usability as with the original version then the new dashboard would be all OK with me to remove the label “experimental”.

I had raised this issue previously with Glenn so the receipt hub count is now highlighted. I would rather it wasn’t randomly slapped on the invoices area, it starts to get confusing later on.

The suggestion for the “Receipt Hub” in that grey box is because at the moment an area of the dashboard that is unused, with some formatting that would separate this still seems a good use of the space.

Some of that space is used here as I have a couple of custom nominals displayed, and I know other accounts have quite a few so that empty space won’t actually be empty.

Hi Lurch,
Could I may just ask you how you got the nominals displayed in that area?

Thank you

2 Likes

Thanks a lot lurch. I was looking quite a while for that and at the end it was so simple. I just couldn’t see it. Anyway, thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Hi. Apologies if this has been asked before but I am new to Quickfile.
I would like to know if it is possible to configure the Sales and Purchasing tabs on the Dashboard (ie the graphs specifically)?
Our business has two income streams. One from invoices which appear in the graph but we also have other income which we do not invoice for and so does not appear.
I was wondering if it would be possible, for example, to configure the nominal codes which contribute to the figures in the graph? That way, we could add the missing figures.
I guess for us, the true Sales and Purchases figures are not that useful and maybe Income and Expenditure would be a better way to look at things.
Many thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.