New recurring invoices to automatically use pre-payment

Hello everyone,

Sorry to bother you.

We have a pre-payment for a customer which we have added to their account. A new, recurring invoice will be generated shortly. When it is, we have to go into the invoice and apply the pre-payment to pay off the invoice.

Is it possible for new invoices to automatically be paid off if a customer has credit (pre-payment) in their account?

Many thanks

James

Hi @favdes

There isn’t a way to automate this I’m afraid, so the prepayment would need to be applied manually.

Hey,

Thank you for getting back to me.

No problem, I’ll set a reminder to mark it off. Is this something in development? I only ask as we seemed to have had a few customers make duplicate payments recently and it would be useful if these can be added as pre-payments and then used to automatically pay off invoices.

Thanks again

James

Hi James,

It’s not something that’s planned at the moment, although we’re always open to suggestions. We can move this across to the #feature category if you like?

Hi Matthew,

I think it would be useful so maybe worth a try and see if anyone else feels the same?

It just seems silly (because we use lots of recurring invoices) that the system is chasing for payment even though a customer is in credit.

Thanks again for getting back to me - always impressed with the speedy responses.

Kind regard

James

1 Like

This is an occasional issue for us too.

We would be content with a flag on the Dashboard to tell us to go and check.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.