No Files in Receipt Hub via Dropbox

I’ve set up Dropbox integration. In Dropbox it shows the following folder structure:

Apps - Quick File Receipts - Imported - then each upload has a folder with 10 numbers, with the uploaded receipt in that folder. But there are no receipts in the QF Receipts Hub. The files should have been uploaded by now.

I’m uploading PDFs and JPEGs that all meet the QF requirements.

Hi @jeremygadd

Your set up seems right. Are you putting your files into the ‘QuickFile Receipts’ folder, or the ‘Imported’ folder? All files should go in the ‘QuickFile Receipts’ folder, and the system will pick them up and move them to the Imported folder automatically

@QFMathew I’m putting them into the QuickFile Receipts folder,and it is moving them to Imported but nothing is showing up in the Receipts Hub. Just tried again 17 minutes ago.

Can you confirm your account number please and I’ll take a quick look for you?

Edit
I’ve found two accounts in your name, both with Dropbox connected. Is it the same Dropbox account for both? If so, you need to take an extra step so QuickFile knows what to do with the files.

In your QuickFile Receipts folder, create 2 separate folders, one for each account in the following format:
AccNo_Reference

For example:
61000000_BusinessName

Whichever account you’ve always used, I’d move the Imported folder into the correct account folder too. So, if you have CompanyA and CompanyB, and you’ve been using Dropbox for CompanyA, you would have:
61000000_CompanyA with Imported in there
61000000_CompanyB which will start empty

I hope that helps?

@QFMathew Thanks. I have an old account that I am keeping as an archive for a previous tax year. Started afresh with this one. I’ve just removed the Dropbox integration from the old account and it all works now, so must have been some conflict.

Certainly sounds that way. You can still keep the two connected if you wish, using the two sub-folders I outlined above. Let me know if you need help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Support team!

In the folder Apps/Quickfile receipts/Imported/Account number, I created sub-folder for each VAT filing period and copied all receipts to these folders. However, they were not yet uploaded to Receipt Hubs in Quickfile. Could you please guide me how to solve this technical issue? I emailed the receipts to receipts@quickfile.co.uk withe dropbox link that I used to import all the receipts. Please check and tell me whether you can help me to upload them in Receipt Hubs.

If this is not the correct way to upload receipt, how can I create different sub-account relating to different filing period every 3 months? I am using Dropbox and wish to copy files to Dropbox rather than emailing.

Thank you very much.

Hello @Sandpiper

Do the Receipts need to be tagged or are they just for storing evidence?

Drag your receipt images into your new Dropbox folder Apps/Quick File Receipts/… and we will automatically import them into your Receipt Hub.

Items will not import if they are in sub folders.

Once imported and tagged (if applicable) you can go to the Document manager and move items into created sub folders if that is how you wish to store them.

If you plan to link multiple QuickFile accounts to a single Dropbox account you can create sub-folders for each company, click here to find out more. If your receipts are not automatically importing please refer to our checklist, you can also try manually polling your account using the green button below.