Nominal account look up

How do I look up nominal account to investigate transactions ?
Can a sales invoice be keyed directly to accounts, and if so will the VAT be included in the figures for the VAT payment ?

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Ian Russell

You can click through with the icon at the right from the P&L, balance sheet or chart of accounts reports.

You can select different nominal codes for each line of a sales invoice by clicking the :gear: In the line description box, is that what you’re asking for?

Hello Ian

I read what you were asking differently to @ian_roberts so here’s another take on what you asked.

How do I look up nominal account to investigate transactions ?

Reports > Chart of account > Select the relevant nominal you are interested in

Can a sales invoice be keyed directly to accounts, and if so will the VAT be included in the figures for the VAT payment ?

If you tag say a Money In transaction to “something else not in this list” and put it to a code. you are just assigning a gross value to a nominal code, if it was an invoice you should raise it as an invoice on a client account and choose the nominal code as @ian_roberts suggested

Do you mean can you enter a sales invoice separately from raising it via bank tagging?

Many thanks for your valued help.
I only have about 15 bank entries per month, can I directly enter these onto the accounts without having automatic bank feeds and if so how ? I am sorry if this is such a basic question ! Thank you once again…Ian Russell

Hello @motonova.quickfile.c

Automatic bank feeds and importing bank statements is there to save you time.

You can manually enter bank transactions by going into the account and entering a money in or money out transaction then tagging it.

If you had say 100+ transactions per month then this would take a long time to process manually and Automatic bank feeds or importing bank statements would be more feasible.

Here is an article on tagging bank transactions once you have entered them to help you.

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/tagging-your-bank-transactions/8818

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.