Nominal Ledger Listing

Dear Support,
Is there a standard report that will provide a nominal listing where each separate nominal has a detailed listing and a total for each individual nominal - see example print from Sage. I would like then to pdf this report to a client file so I can easily look back and see what is contained in a given nominal total.
Nominal Listing.pdf (60.2 KB)

Hello @Bagpipe

This format is not possible at present.

You can get a specific codes activity via Reports > Chart of accounts and clicking on the code
You can also run the profit and loss report and drill down on the codes

Dear Steve,
The format from the drill down ( Profit & Loss) is exactly what I need … but for all nominal ledgers. Can this be done via custom reports? Something i’ve yet to explore in Quickfile.

Hello @Bagpipe

Sadly no custom reports would not give this level of detail.

As it stands you could do any of the following

• You can get a specific codes activity via Reports > Chart of accounts and clicking on the code
  • You could get a list of code balances but no activity via Reports > Chart of accounts
  • Or you could take a backup of the data and use the nominal ledger csv report (sort by Nominal code) and format it yourself in excel (or similar)

Hello @QFSteve ,
Thanks for trying. I will have to put my thinking cap on and see If I can find a solution that is not too time consuming. It’s something that we will need for all our clients on the software. Will keep you posted :slight_smile:

HI @QFSteve,
I can see the nominal _ledger csv in the backup I have just run now but not in any of the scheduled one’s which I do weekly for myself and a number of clients going back months. Is the nominal_ledger csv not then included in the scheduled backups …and why?

Hi @QFSteve ,
Any further news on this topic. it’s a little concerning that the nominal ledger listing does not appear in the scheduled backups.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.