Non invoice bank tagging

I am trying out qf for my personal accounting. Much of this does not use invoicing ( eg: supermarket purchases).

The issue I have is this:
I tag an item using “something else not on list” AND “post to my added nominal” account 7014" “Household shopping”. Fine so far but the entry page insists the “Description” is added.
Problem is the detail of the transaction held on the bank account description is overwritten by the mandatory description mentioned above.
When I look on the “Household shopping” chart of accounts all I get is the forced description entry - the real desacription from the bankfeed is lost. If I do autotagging the “Household shopping” CoA description is all the same, in my case they all say “Food”.

In other QF entries like this I can leave the entry blank and it will automatically take the description from the bank entry.

Is there a trick I am missing here - eg: don’t create a new nominal account ?

Hello @Howard

I have changed this feed to the feature request category. That way other forum members can vote on it and we can gauge the response.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @Howard

We made a change to this last night so no description is required

1 Like