Not reconciled Suspense Account entries

As the suspense account does not remove reconciled items (very annoying!) I want to export all entries in a selected date range to a csv file so I can identify unresolved items and deal with them. How can I do this?

Cheers

Gary

Hi @GaryWilliams

Are there any particular entries you’re seeing left in the suspense account? This is generally for entries that are untagged or where the system doesn’t know where they belong (e.g. opening balances). Once they are tagged they should be removed from 9998 Suspense Account.

Yes, there are entries that I have to resolve and correctly tag but the vast majority are correctly tagged entries (ones with matching credit and debit entries) that remain in the suspense account. It would be really useful if these matching entries could be automatically deleted leaving only the non-resolved entries left visible

Cheers

Gary

If the entries are correctly tagged they shouldn’t be appearing in the suspense account. Do you have an example of a transaction where you’re seeing this (e.g. what type of transaction is it, how is it tagged)?

I am currently doing my May 2016 to April 2017 accounts. On 4/3/2017 I paid ‘Cleverbridge’ £74.51 VIA Paypal (on QF 01399) from my IPL current account. So there is £74.51 out of Paypal to Cleverbridge. Then £74.51 transfered into my Paypal account from my IPL current account to cover this. These transactions are still in my Suspence account.

Apologies, I just double checked this, and some transfers do leave a trace in the suspense account.

The bulk of the entries are likely to be made up of untagged bank transactions. When viewing a bank statement, you can click on “Tagged” to hide all tagged entries and show only the untagged ones. You can export them or tag them there as you wish.

Why are ‘traces’ in the suspense account? Do all accounting software leave ‘traces’ in the suspense account? I’m not an accountant but that seems very strange to me.

Back to the first issue, how do I export the WHOLE suspense account to CSV. Not page at a time, the whole thing so I can do the job of cleaning out the suspense account in Excel.

On the Chart of Accounts page, view the 9998 nominal code. Enter the date range you wish to view the data for, and then click Export Data, and select All ledger items for date range

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I forgot that. I have sorted out a simple set of instructions to work with the suspense account which I’ll post separately in case it can help others.

1 Like