Open Banking "already activated for another account"

I’ve just been prompted to renew our open banking feed (which happens approx every 3 months) and I see the GUI has changed for it. However, this time, after authenticating the bank feed it returns me to the pairing screen in Quickfile and when I try to connect it to the same bank account in Quickfile it has asked me to renew I get the following error - “The data feed for selected bank account has been already activated for another Quickfile bank account.”

Whilst that’s technically true (it’s the same account I’m trying to renew as it’s still screaming at me it will expire in 7 days) it seems like a bit of a bug to me. So now I can’t map this open banking feed to the account it’s been using for years, and I’m also being told it will expire in 7 days :frowning: Anyone else experiencing this and have a workaround? Cheers!

Hi @sadpanda,

Is your bank with Lloyds? There were some changes made which is causing a slight overlap. To overcome this, if you go to the bank account, remove the feed. Then go to the open banking page and revoke the due to expire feed. You can then connect the renewed feed as normal to the bank account.

Hope this makes sense? This won’t happen next time you come to renew and is just a one off this time.

Thanks Beth, it’s Bank of Scotland who are owned by Lloyds so probably the same thing. When does the feed normally grab data? Do I need to ask it to import historical transactions or when I remove, revoke and replace all at once it won’t lose anything?

Hi @sadpanda,

If the feed attached is still current then you shouldn’t have lost anything, but when you connect the new one you can always refresh it and ask it to look back up to 14 days, so you can cover yourself just incase :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks that has sorted it :slight_smile: Just FYI, open banking was showing two feeds, the one expiring in 7 days and the new (duplicate) feed for 90 days. I just hooked the latter up without having to go through authentication again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.