Open banking natwest - access denied

Trying to add in a NatWest personal banking into the quick file application through the open banking. Receiving access denied, although all credentials are correct. We were able to access the facility using NatWest banking and online banking directly.

We already have a banking with NatWest, which is a separate business banking and open banking feed. but trying to add in a credit card which is a personal credit card using a different NatWest login ID.

Just receiving errors, access denied.

Hi @danmills

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing some issues.

Just to confirm, the access denied message - do you see this on QuickFile or on the NatWest site?

Seeing at quickfile end. ill try and get a screenshot

Hi Having the same issue with my RBS credit card, spoke to RBS waiting a reponse.

Hi @danmills @Paul_Smith

We’re not seeing any issues on our side, so it may be an issue with the banks themselves. Given it’s both RBS and NatWest (part of the same group), it could very well be the case.

Can I just check, in both cases, is it after you try to add/renew the authorisation?

Hi Matthew, this is a renew, never had any problems in the last 4 years, as previously mentioned waiting a response from RBS. Highlighted the problem on Thursday with them.

Mine is a new sub. Not old. Called natwest and said nothing their end

Hi both

Thanks for the information.

We are seeing new connections being made today for both of those banks.

It may be worth attempting to speak to the bank, or where you have already, giving them another call. Or, even just giving it until tomorrow may do the trick.

Hi Matthew,

Still unable to connect my RBS Credit card can you advise, still no answer from RBS either

Hi Matthew,

What would happen if I removed my card and re added would in remove all my purchasing data.

Hi @Paul_Smith

Removing the feed doesn’t affect the data in your account - they are independent. If you would like to completely the feed and re-add it as new, that may resolve the issue.

Hi Matthew,

I am still having issue, I have removed the bank Feed and now cannot get it back error message below.

Royal Bank of Scotland authorisation server returned an error: Access to specified resource is denied.

I have spoken to RBS and they are advising your tech team will need to raise a ticket with Banks of API’S to resolve the issue.

Can we kindly escalate this as this has been an issue for over two weeks.

image001.jpg

Hi @Paul_Smith

I’ve sent you a private message so we can take a look into this for you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.