Option for client to make partial payments

I’ve had a little look through the forum but not really found what I am looking for.

When customers click the link in their email to go to their customer control panel, there is an option to “pay online”. I currently have PayPal and GoCardless options setup. However, is there any way they can choose to part-pay the invoice through their control panel?

Edit:
Also, I have tried to set up monthly direct debit options for an invoice, but it only allows collection of the full invoice amount. Surely this defeats the point of a direct debit?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @emily.schofield

This isn’t possible at the moment I’m afraid. I can certainly update your thread to a feature request if you wish?

Yes please that would be great as all of my clients need to pay monthly or in instalments without the need for several invoices as this becomes untidy. There is an option to log partial payment so it makes sense that the client should be able to make partial payments themselves also.

Are there any ways to split an original invoice into recurring invoices or would this need to be deleted to set up recurring invoices for part payments?

There is an option to create a recurring invoice template from an existing invoice under the More Options menu:

This keeps the original invoice, but creates a recurring template. You can then schedule that for it’s next date and new invoices will be created from there.

Sorry I meant splitting the old invoice up. For example if the invoice was £300, I don’t want to create recurring invoices of £300 I want to split the original one up into say 6 instalments of £50 invoices, so clients are able to make part payments.

This isn’t possible I’m sorry. The recurring invoices will always create a new invoice at easy interval.

hi,

yes this would be a handy feature if it could be added.

if the customer could enter the amount they wish to pay.

Just a quick one to let you know that this is now supported.

More details here:

Allow clients to make partial payments on invoices

1 Like