Overdue Invoice Reminder sends to email and snail mail?

Hi, if an automatic Overdue Invoice Reminder is sent out, does the system send it out to whichever of the settings a client is set to (email or snail mail) or does it only send to clients with an email address? I can’t see how to check which reminders have been sent and to whom. Is there a way of seeing what has been sent out automatically? Thank you.

Hello @JessicaFerguson

Invoices send out based on what is set in the client record.
Overdue reminders are always email, there isn’t a snail mail option unfortunately

You can check the recent events of an invoice to see how they have been despatched, example below

The client is set to email but previously you have chosen to send them an invoice via snail mail also.

Thanks for your reply.
So reminders will go to any snail mail clients as well as the email clients, that’s great, thanks.

Is there a way of viewing a list of all reminders that have been sent out on any particular day, rather than looking at individual client pages? And can I see the text within any reminder? I know I can see the template but I want to view what the finished reminder looks like after the tokens have been filled.
Thanks

| QFSteve Support Team
9 February |

• | - |

Hello @JessicaFerguson

The will send out based on what is set in the client record.

You can check the recent events of an invoice to see how they have been despatched, example below

The client is set to email but previously you have chosen to send them an invoice via snail mail also.

Hello @JessicaFerguson

Sorry error on my part.

Overdue reminders are always email, there isn’t a snail mail option unfortunately.

Is there a way of viewing a list of all reminders that have been sent out on any particular day, rather than looking at individual client pages?

There is not unfortunately but you could choose to set up your own smtp settings then you could look at the sent items from your email system to view the text and you could filter by the subject (“Overdue”)

Oh no, that’s a bugger!
So we have got the reminders set up to automatically send to any SENT invoices when the days overdue is hit. How do I check for any that didn’t send because there was no email address? There is presumably a list of these somewhere? I will have to send them via mail but I can’t go and check every individual client’s account every day to see if a reminder was due and if it was sent and if not write a paper copy!
I’m trying to get as many people as possible onto email, but there will inevitably be some who don’t use it.
Thanks

| QFSteve Support Team
9 February |

• | - |

Hello @JessicaFerguson

Sorry error on my part.

Overdue reminders are always email, there isn’t a snail mail option unfortunately.

Is there a way of viewing a list of all reminders that have been sent out on any particular day, rather than looking at individual client pages?

There is not unfortunately but you could choose to set up your own smtp settings then you could look at the sent items from your email system to view the text and you could filter by the subject (“Overdue”)

Hello @JessicaFerguson

Under Sales > View clients you can see if there are email address on the clients and if there is a balance
You could export this and filter it to see the ones with no email address and balance > 0.00

A Quick way I use to see if a client (with an overdue invoice) has an email (or how it would be sent) is to go to Sales > Overdue invoices > Select all > Send

Note: You can use select all or just select the ones you are interested in.

You will see the screen below

All the ones that are ticked for send by email would have sent.

Hi Steve,

Yes, actually that would work for me. At least then I can see who I need to create paper copies for. It’s a shame that Quickfile can’t look at the same list when it is sending its reminders!

Good though, at least I have way of moving forward, thanks.

Kind Regards

Kate

Accounts Administrator

Hayes Point RTM Company Limited

Telephone: 02920 531382

Email: accounts@hayespoint.co.uk

Concierge Email: admin@hayespoint.co.uk

Web: https://www.hayespoint.co.uk

Address: The Concierge Office, Hayes Point, Hayes Road, Sully, Penarth. CF64 5QG

~WRD0003.jpg

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.