OWA 365 SMTP settings

I have searched existing posts but only one comes close to answering the problem of not being able to send emails from Quickfile since I moved over to OWA Exchange. I followed the guidance in [this post][1] [1]: Using SMTP TLS for mail settings but still I get errors.

“It looks like there was a problem reaching your SMTP service
Error Message The operation has timed out.
More Details Your SMTP server did not reply in a timely fashion. Please ensure the port number is correct and any firewall on the SMTP server is allowing outside access.”

Now my email account says it needs verifying, how do I do that when it does not send email.

Equally important, are there any support updates to get OWA365 Exchange working with Quickfile?

Seasons greetings

I’m not sure of the specifics on how Outlook Web Exchange works, although if it supports SMTP (over SSL) it shouldn’t be a problem. I did check our system and did notice more than 15 accounts that are working with Office 365.

EDIT:

The second answer (not the accepted one) here may help…

Thanks Glen for taking the time to answer, it resolved itself when I realised I had missed a character from the dns records allowing Quickfile access. All is now working. Thanks!

1 Like