P&L do not match to TB

Hi
I have notice that my topic has been closed and due to that I haven’t received any response to my last post. I have copied and pasted or latest conversation below then:

"Ok, thank you. But what about P&L not matching Trial Balance figures (again run on the same date)? General Purchase nominal on TB should be the same as on P&L, but there is not. Consequently when I transfered figures from TB to my Accouting Production program I got different profit to the one which is available to see in P&L in QF.

ian_roberts

9d

Again the P&L isn’t showing balances, it’s showing the total of transaction values on each nominal during the period covered by the report - if you haven’t yet run your previous year end then the balance on the P&L nominal accounts will include the previous year values as well as this one, but the P&L report will only show the current year.

Iwona1

8d

Hi
The problem is this is the first year of Accounts for this company in Quick File. Regarding the previous year I have only entered into QF opening balances but there are not opening balances for general purchase or any expense nominals when these are the nominals with discrepancies compering to TB. Any other idea what might cause them?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discrepancy between Balance Sheet and Trial Balance