Pay Down Multiple Invoice -> Show All Oustanding Invoices

Hi,

We sell products which are usually one-off sales, rather than repeat buyers. As a result, we import csv invoices data into a generic client, ‘WindowSkins Sales’. This saves us a lot of time, as we avoid setting up new clients for each sale. (The client info is in the invoice description)

Since we take a 30% deposit, with the balance paid on delivery, we receive two payments per invoice. As a result of this, invoice matching is not possible, and we have to manually allocate the payment to its particular invoice.

We do this via Tag Me -> Payment from a Customer -> Pay down multiple invoices or assign to a client account -> Allocate to Client (‘WindowSkins Sales’)

This will bring up the ‘Client Payment’ form, listing the outstanding invoices. I will then use the browsers search function (ctrl+f) to quickly locate the matching invoice.

The problem I have, is that where we have imported 100+ invoices, I need to keep repeatedly clicking the ‘Show more outstanding invoices’ section to load the entire list, before I can be sure to find the required invoice.

This is time consuming, and really slows down the matching process.

Would it be possible to add a button or setting to ‘show all outstanding invoices’?

Hello @Adam_Damree1

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

The only issue I foresee with this is if there are quite a few outstanding invoices to list (e.g. 100s or more). It could bloat the list and potentially cause some issues elsewhere, performance wise.

We’ll leave this topic open for other users to add their vote and comments, and we can certainly take a look at different options if there’s enough interest from the community.

1 Like