Paying in Cheques in Bulk

although not very often, i occasionally get some cheques and i normally write these into a cheques/cash book when i then total up and pay into bank and i tick the payin when on back statement.

I see options better are probably pay in separately, but if they are together could i :-

1. Tick my book when i see it on Statement

2 Remove the Pay-in entry from the Bank Feed?

1. Input the breakdown of cheques (£6.44 and £20 for example)

and tag as normal?

secondly
can you tidy up the banking Account Statement so i dont have pages of Transactions showing once Tagged
or do they hide automatically or something?
if not a good feature would be “hide tagged transactions from dd/mm/yyyy” option

thanks

Hi @magnacom

There are 2 ways to deal with this - either by splitting into separate transactions, like you suggest, or use a holding account, which means your bank statement matches that on QuickFile.

There’s more information on these methods here:
Processing split payments to different customers

Although not automatic, you can hide tagged items by unticking it in the top right corner. This would allow you to see all untagged entries, all tagged entries, or all transactions.

Hope that helps!

thank you once again for your prompt reply, stress is clouding my ability to think clearly and notice features, system is really fabulous actually, im from a programming background and i must admit ive had several, ‘wow, thats neat, moments !’ well done to the team the system is magical.

Although not automatic, you can hide tagged items by unticking it in the top right corner. This would allow you to see all untagged entries, all tagged entries, or all transactions.

i subsequently noticed that, my niggle is mostly due to trying to find transactions in the middle, once im upto date with Aug/Sep, the hide option will be spot on.

thanks again

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words! :slight_smile:

Regarding the ticking of the box being “automatic”, it may be possible by using a bit of JavaScript. If you have a Power User Subscription, you may be able to add it in to untick the one box for you on page load.

I’ve not tried it personally, but worth a shot :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.