Payment on account allocation request

it’s great that Quickfile developers strive to add features to Quickfile to make our lives as bookkeepers run a lot more smoothly but there is one really useful feature that is missing. When I want to clear invoices with payments on account within the supplier record, I only get ONE option to “apply from credit”. If I have two invoices raised on the same day, I have to UNTAG one of the payments on account otherwise I end up with one payment split across two invoices instead of the correct payment allocated against the correct invoice. Is there any CHANCE or way of having the list of payments dropping down so that I select the right payment?

Hi @ltbbookworks

Thank you for your kind words! :slight_smile:

If I’ve understood you correctly, you’re looking to apply a certain amount to an invoice from a prepayment. Is that right?

When you use the “Pay from credit” option, it will automatically use the oldest payment, as QuickFile uses the FIFO method (First in, first out).

Yes, unfortunately if I have two invoices with the same date the software will on most occasions split the two payments on account so rather than one payment matching one invoice I get two payments split across two invoices! I can allocate payments against invoices from the bank tagging easily but not within the supplier record. If its not possible then I’ll just have to suffice!

Sharon

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.