Payment on account not available to pay outstanding invoices

Hi, I have go a situation here: supplier have an outstanding invoices (in foreign currency, exchange rates are switched on in Accounts Settings) but when I tried to paid them from bank by choosing this supplier system told me that this supplier has no outstanding invoices to pay (which was not true). I have made a posting on account then, get back to this supplier and I could see this amount paid on his account as a prepayment. When I tried to pay the outstanding invoices from this prepayment thought surprisingly the available credit is not available after I hit Log the payment in any of this outstanding invoices. Can you please tell me how can I pay the outstdanding invoices from available on supplier account (but not available in log the payment option) credit?

It sounds like you’ve logged the prepayment in GBP, which you can’t then use to pay down invoices in a different currency. I suggest you delete the bank transaction and then log the payment from the supplier side instead - select the checkboxes for the outstanding purchases in the purchase list, “update as paid” and select the “allocate one lump payment” option. Now you should be able to enter the correct GBP and foreign currency amounts, and this will create a new pre-tagged bank transaction in your bank view.

Basically, from the bank tagging screen you can only allocate payment to invoices or prepayments in the same currency as the bank account, if you want to log a payment or prepayment that involves a currency conversion you have to do it from the invoice(s) or the supplier control panel rather than from the bank.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.