Paypal invoices paid by bank transfer

Hi - we use Paypal to generate invoices for one part of our business, the customers for that part of the business then have the option to pay by card via paypal, paypal or bank transfer.

If they pay by card (via Paypal) or by Paypal, then the automatic feed brings those invoices into QF after the payment is made. Is there any way to bring them in as soon as they are created to be sure the invoice numbers don’t get duplicated with the invoices number created directly in QF? Or is this just a manual process?

Secondly assuming the answer to the above is a manual process and no way to bring the invoices into QF as soon as they are created, then am I right to assume that any invoice created in Paypal but paid by bank transfer would just need to be raised manually in QF?

Hi @Brian_1

This would be a manual process I’m afraid. The PayPal feed runs overnight and picks up any transactions from the previous day. You could, in theory, use a tool such as Zapier to create an invoice when a PayPal transactions occurs. However, I’ve not tested this, but it may be worth exploring?

In short - it depends on your situation.

What’s the purpose of using 2 invoice systems? Are they 2 separate parts of the business for example? The reason I ask, is because it may be possible to enter the sales as “bulk sales” on QuickFile, as the PayPal invoice itself would be your original data.

But generally, you would record the sale in QuickFile through a sales invoice (in bulk or individually), and mark it as paid in QuickFile.

Thanks Matthew. It is two completely separate parts of the business. We set up the Paypal invoicing before we started doing online accounts and it works well, so I’m reluctant to mess with it. But it’s relatively low volume stuff so it’s no big deal to do manually.

I think we’ll leave it as is and if the volume goes up to the point it becomes a real pain, then we’ll move it all over to Quickfile.

Thanks for the help!

This might be worth looking into.

Thanks, if we do move it across then I’ll have a look at that.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.