PayPay account strange phenomenon

On the “Accounts - Merchant Account Statement” page there is a “money in” (sale) of the same date and cost for every "money out, purchase that I have made. So if I have bought a thing for £10 on 1 Jan 17 I will also have a £10 sale of £10 on the same date. This strange phenomenon that started on 15 Aug 2017. What is going on? and how do I correct it? Thx Nick

Hi @Nickinkent

If you have 2 transactions for every 1 (for the same value), it sounds like it’s not set up to skip transfers, which is an option as part of the feed.

Basically, the PayPal feed will create a few entries (it depends if the money was paid out, or in to your PayPal account), but one of these will be the actual transaction, and one will be a transfer from PayPal to your bank account.

It can switched on and off in the feed settings, found by going to More Options >> Feed Settings in the PayPal account iself:

To correct it, if they are duplicates (e.g. you’ve manually put the transfers in yourself), then you can simply delete the duplicate entries.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if we can help further.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.