Payroll settings

hiya,
I need setup communication between payrollsite and 2 account on quickfile. How can I do that?

Hi @macuser

Is it just one payroll site account, or 2?
I believe The Payroll Site is only able to connect on account to QuickFile.

One AGENT account - but I have 4 accounts in quickfile and 2 of them I would like to plug in to payrollsite.

I’m not sure how it would work from Payroll Site’s side in regards to an agent account I’m afraid. The integration was done from their side, so it may be best to raise this with them.

strange…
they replied:
Unfortunately we are not that familiar with QuickFile as it is not our
software but the option will be there. You may need to contact Quickfile
to help navigate their system.

The way the integration works, is when you click “Export to QuickFile”, they send the details across to us through the API.

As far as QuickFile is concerned, each account can have one copy of the Payroll Site app enabled. In simple terms, each QuickFile account has a token to give them access to create a journal. The token is generated through the app market place located in each account by the QuickFile user. But from our end, only one token can be given per app per QuickFile account. It can be reissued, but this invalidates the first one that was generated.

How the Payroll Site handles the usage of that token (whether they limit you to using it on one account, or multiple) is up to them.

It’s best kept simple by using one payroll account for one QuickFile account, but how The Payroll Site handles this from their end, isn’t something I can really comment on as it’s out of our control. They may very well allow you to use the same token across multiple accounts, but it depends on what restrictions they have in place.

ok, it’s quite messed
do you have other payroll app integration ?

There are none that I’m aware of, but there may be some that support it without my knowledge as it’s often done from their end rather than ours.

Going back to this point. As I mentioned, I’m not familiar with the agent side of things, but when it comes to running the payroll at The Payroll Site, can you get to the stage where you have an option to “Export to Accounting”? If so, it may be possible to link different companies within Payroll Site to different QuickFile accounts.

In your case, as you have 2 accounts that want to connect from Payroll Site to QuickFile, it shouldn’t be an issue, but it depends on how it’s handled at The Payroll Site.

There are instructions on their site here and a blog post here that may help.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.