Pensions provider category

I use the BrightPay/QuickFile journal facility so employee Pensions deductions are recorded but I cannot see how I should record the actual payment to the Pensions Provider i.e. which Nominal account number should I use when I set up the Provider as a supplier.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @willtfrank

If you are recording payroll journals you will have a balance sitting on a pension liability code.

You would not have to set the pension provider up as a supplier.

You can just record a Money Out transaction on the bank and tag it as “Something else not in this list”. Then select your pension liability code

Example Below


1 Like

Hi Steve,

Many thanks