Populate first VAT return

Have set up my details in the VAT area and trying to create a return but cannot figure out how to populate the return with my Quickfile, paid invoices. Do I have to do the calculations myself?

Hi @Dawny,

Welcome to QuickFile!

There is a guide which should hopefully answer any questions you may have:
VAT Returns Guide

Please have a read through - if you still have any questions then please don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Hi, have read it twice but I am still not clear if Quickfile populates the VAT return from the Quickfile generated invoices or if I need to manually do it? Thanks

QuickFile populates the VAT return using all of the data that has been entered through Purchases/Sales etc.

Don’t be afraid to have a go - everything can be undone :slight_smile:

Sorry to be a numbskull but what am I not doing? The invoices are created and marked as paid and the up-populated VAT return is in front of me, what do I need to do? Many thanks

Hi @Dawny

If your invoices have VAT on them, just double check your VAT settings. For example, have you entered a start date that may exclude them? Are the invoices in the period selected?

Start date is 1/1/19, I only have invoices for this period. Do I need to wait until 31/3/19 for that return to come “live”?

when you go to create the VAT return you should have the option to choose a date range:

It may have dates which are previous to any invoices which is why its bringing forward ÂŁ0 balances.

Try changing the dates to start from 01.01.19 and then ending whenever you need it to, recalculate and this should populate some numbers for you :slight_smile:

Thank you, that worked

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.