Populate first VAT return

Have set up my details in the VAT area and trying to create a return but cannot figure out how to populate the return with my Quickfile, paid invoices. Do I have to do the calculations myself?

Hi @Dawny,

Welcome to QuickFile!

There is a guide which should hopefully answer any questions you may have:
VAT Returns Guide

Please have a read through - if you still have any questions then please don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Hi, have read it twice but I am still not clear if Quickfile populates the VAT return from the Quickfile generated invoices or if I need to manually do it? Thanks

QuickFile populates the VAT return using all of the data that has been entered through Purchases/Sales etc.

Don’t be afraid to have a go - everything can be undone :slight_smile:

Sorry to be a numbskull but what am I not doing? The invoices are created and marked as paid and the up-populated VAT return is in front of me, what do I need to do? Many thanks

Hi @Dawny

If your invoices have VAT on them, just double check your VAT settings. For example, have you entered a start date that may exclude them? Are the invoices in the period selected?

Start date is 1/1/19, I only have invoices for this period. Do I need to wait until 31/3/19 for that return to come “live”?

when you go to create the VAT return you should have the option to choose a date range:

It may have dates which are previous to any invoices which is why its bringing forward £0 balances.

Try changing the dates to start from 01.01.19 and then ending whenever you need it to, recalculate and this should populate some numbers for you :slight_smile:

Thank you, that worked

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.