Pound sign in names and descriptions of Items

Noticed that the code for the pound symbol is being displayed rather than the actual symbol on Items name and descriptions

Items

1 Like

Hi @coreyspeed

I’ve not been able to replicate this, unfortunately.

Is the item saved in the sales inventory as £ or £? How were these items created?

Mathew,

Go into inventory Create a Desction that includes a £ save it then insert it into an Estimate. It is replaced by the HTML character £

Hi @MearTech

This seems to work all OK for me. I tested with both £ and &. Would you mind outlining a couple of steps to ensure I’m replicating it exactly as you are doing it, please?

These were the steps I was taking:

1. Create a new sales inventory item with an ampersand (&) in the item name and description
    qf-salesinv

2. Item has been created successfully

3. Go to create a new invoice, and create a line using the new item
    qf-invoice

4. Save the invoice

5. Invoice loads correct, with the & shown.

I created 2 tests with the pound symbol, both of which worked fine:
pound

Still an issue for me,

Here are two screenshots I’ve just taken

Invoice

Items where saved from an invoice directly not from the Inventory page

@coreyspeed - Please can you provide me with some step-by-step instructions to replicate example what you’re doing? As we’re seeing different results, I suspect there’s something different in our workflow so any pointers would be a great help.

For example -

• How did you create the inventory item?
  • Are they time or unit based items?
  • Does it affect both estimates and invoices?
  • Once saved as an inventory item, if you refresh the page, do they still appear as the symbols?

Edit your test item add a price or something in the inventory it then shows the issue

How did you create the inventory item? Both from Invoice and from the Inventory item, it works first time then if you edit the item it changes to $pound html
Are they time or unit based items? Unit
Does it affect both estimates and invoices? Yes
Once saved as an inventory item, if you refresh the page, do they still appear as the symbols? yes
1 Like

That’s great - thank you! I’ve managed to replicate this and have passed it to our development team for review.

1 Like

I have just heard back from the development team, who advised this should now be resolved.

1 Like