Prepayment Balance

Due to overpayment to an energy supplier who has gone bust, I now have a pre-payment balance on their account that has been transferred to a new supplier. I can process a pre-payment the new supplier but how do I remove the pre-payment on the current supplier

Hi @John_Charnock1

One way you could process this could be to set up a dummy bank account, transfer the existing pre-payment to this account, and then transfer it from the dummy account to your new supplier.

I hope this makes sense, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

I could send t to petter cash and then do the same in reverse to pre-pay the new supplier

How do I transfer the prepayment to a bank account ?

Hi @John_Charnock1

If you view the payment, at the top of the page you should see the option to refund it to a bank account.

This post talks you through how to do this: Reduce Supplier Prepayment because of refund - #2 by QFMathew

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.