Problem printing invoices - missing whitespace

Hi there, a couple of days ago our printed invoices stopped displaying line feeds. We had been using this to extend the table size.

Hi @rmcnaught

Are you able to supply any invoice numbers you are having issues with please?

All invoices are affected.

The account is not against this email address, the company is Inverfab.
Thanks

Are you referring to this space?

Yes, thanks Glenn. While i have been able to make the invoice area larger and push the balance to the bottom of the page, I would like to have the invoice border a static size i.e. not dependant on the number of rows.
So far we have just used crlf on the last invoice item to increase the table size. This printed fine up until last week, now the print ignores the whitespace we create.

I’m afraid it won’t be possible to achieve this in reliable and consistent way, mostly due to how the PDF converter works. The PDF convertor snapshots the HTML web view, which doesn’t have any concept of page breaks or standard paper sizes like A4.

With varying numbers of rows you’d need a varying number of carriage returns. So the static template will break on invoices with more or higher rows.

I would try to stick to having the totals box float beneath the itemised section. I also think it’s more readable that way too.

That’s what I had thought, thanks for having a look at this.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.