Problem sending invoices

I keep getting an email from quickfile when I send an invoice saying the recipient was not found. It makes it sound like a problem with the recipients server but I had no problems sending a PDF of the invoice to the same address from my own account.
Please can you advise. Up until last week I had no problems at all sending email invoices.
Regards

Andy

Hi @Andy_Clifton

What email address are you sending it to - for example @googlemail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com?

If you could give me your account number and the client name, I’ll take a quick look at your account and see if anything stands out?

[Edit]
Are you able to copy and paste a copy of the email you’re getting back please? If you click my name and then ‘Message’, you can send it to me in a private message

email is to removed

The error is
Error Type:SMTP
Remote server (85.158.136.35) issued an error.
hMailServer sent: RCPT TO:
<removed>
Remote server replied:553-SPF(Sender Policy Framework) domain authentication
553-fail. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at 553-…

I missed a bit
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Removed

There’s the issue - you’re using your own email address but QuickFile’s mail servers who aren’t permitted to send mail on your behalf.

There’s a couple of options around this:

1. You add a SPF record to your domain name which allows you to use QuickFile’s mail servers
  2. You use the noreply@quickfile.co.uk instead
  3. You use your own SMTP settings (your own mail server for your domain name)

There’s a guide to this in our knowledge base:

OK I am using my own address, but I was using my own address (a different one) for months before with no issues. Is it because my new address is via an exchange server?

Regards

Andy

But thanks for the assistance, I will sort it out later on.

Regards

Andy

It would be down to your clients mail server. Companies are tightening up on checks like these to fight spam. Although your email is genuine, because it can’t match your address against our server, it either rejects it or marks it as spam.

The SPF record (in the guide and the reason stated the email bounced) basically tells the receiving server that our server is genuine. However it can require a little bit of technical knowledge to sort out.

The easiest fix is to use noreply@quickfile.co.uk. But if you wish to use your own SMTP server, that should be fairly straightforward to set up, plus you can still use your own email address.

Let me know if you need help with any of these :slight_smile:

Ok thanks, I am working at the moment but will have a go later at sorting it out.
Many Thanks

Andy

1 Like