Problem tagging a refund

I have two ‘money in’ transactions that I have tagged to a Client. A couple of weeks later I sent a ‘money out’ transaction for the same amount to the client as a refund. When I try and tag this as a refund I get the following message.

Invoices with items posted to more than one nominal account will not appear here. For such cases a manual credit note will need to be applied.
No qualifying sales invoice could be found to refund against. Make sure the corresponding invoice has been logged before you attempt to process this refund.

Hello @jlee6588

I have two ‘money in’ transactions that I have tagged to a Client

Were they tagged to invoices or were the tagged as prepayments on account.

If they were tagged as invoices, the correct way to process the refund would be to view the invoice > Options > Credit note > Save > Refund (ensure dates and amounts are correct).

As you already have a money out transaction delete it so you do not double up the values.

If they were tagged as prepayments, on account go to Sales > Payments > view the unallocated amount > Refund balance (ensure dates and amounts are correct)

As you already have a money out transaction delete it so you do not double up the values.

Great thanks that worked. Never had to do it that way before