Problems importing sales from csv files

Hi. I’m a complete novice when it comes to QuickFile so please excuse my ignorance. I’d really appreciate any help that’s on offer.

I’ve set up several accounts, each representing an online sales platform e.g. Shopify, Amazon, Etsy etc. The accounts are listed under the “Merchant and Online Payment Service Accounts” section on the Bank Management page. I would like to know if it’s possible to upload the various csv files, which contain the sales info that I download from each of these platforms so I don’t have to enter each sale manually. I have tried to upload them via the “Upload Statement” option, and then choosing other from the “Please select your bank” dropdown menu, but it doesn’t seem to map the cells.

Is there a solution please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @ClumsyHooves,

It should work if you chose the ‘other’ option from the bank statement upload. You will need to have columns in the file for the date, description and then amount. You can then select whether you have 2 columns for in and out or whether they are combined in one column.

If you’d like me to take a look at the file for you I would be happy to. You can send it via a private message on here.

Thanks. That’d be great. I’ll send it now.

Actually, I don’t seem to be able to send you a private message. Perhaps it’s 'cos I’m a newbie and I’ve not been granted permission yet. Or am I missing something obvious?

I will send you a message now, there are limitations with new accounts so this will be why.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.