Problems uploading receipts > 200k using API

I am uploading receipts to the receipt hub using the API.
This works really nicely, but when the PDF file size is more than around 200k the upload fails.
I checked the specs for POSTS and there is no such limit here.
So I wondered if there is a QuickFile size limit imposed on API POSTed receipt files?

Thanks.

Hi @waxit

Iā€™ve just given this a quick test with a file around 380kb, and this has uploaded fine.

What error are you seeing exactly?

I am getting this result from my curl:

{ā€œErrorsā€:{ā€œErrorā€:[ā€œInternal Error: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: $. Path ā€˜ā€™, line 0, position 0.ā€]}}

Would you be able to send us a copy of your request please (just the body is fine), in a private message to @QFSupport? We can take a look at this for you then.

@waxit - Thanks for the document.

Iā€™ve asked a developer to take a look at this.

Hi @waxit

Apologies for not coming back to you sooner. This actually went live some time ago.

Hopefully this is now resolved and working all OK for you, but if you are still experiencing problems, please donā€™t hesitate to start a new thread and let us know.

Hi.
I have tested this out, and am still receiving the same error.
I am happy to help debug this if it helps?

Regards

John

Thanks for the update @waxit

Iā€™ve passed this back to our development team. Apologies for that!

Hi @waxit,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, there was some code recently added which may have fixed the issue.

Are you able to test for us to check?

No problem, thanks for your support.

When I submit a 17mb PDF I get the following error from curl:

{

"Errors": {

"Error": [

"Internal Error: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 68."

]

}

}

Regards

John

Hi @waxit

Can I just check if this is still happening for you?

Hi Mathew

Thanks. I just checked and the PDF uploads seem to work up to about 10M, which is sufficient for my purposes.

Thanks a lot for the followup.

Regards

John

1 Like