PROFORMA Purchase Invoice

Greetings,

My solicitor sent me a Pro-Forma Invoice for the amount of 285.72. This is because he doesn’t know yet what the exact fee will be. I had to pay this now. I assume I will get a proper invoice later with VAT calculated. How do I book all this in Quickfile given that I need to reconcile the imported bank transaction of £285.72 now which incidentally has no VAT amount specified?

Thanks
Nick

Add it as a prepayment to a supplier account for the solicitor.

Thanks Lurch.

I created the prepayment now but I’m struggling to reconcile (tag) it to the imported bank statement transaction. Do you know how I can do that?

Thanks
Nick

I’ve never actually tried to do it that way. I’ve always just created the prepayment from the transaction (tag it as a payment to a supplier then select assign to supplier account).

Okay I try that way. I get as far as payment to a supplier but how do I assign to supplier account?

Payment to a supplier just creates a standard invoice, how do I make that a prepayment? I don’t see any assign to supplier account option.

Ok I think I’ve done it now.
Create a Prepayment then View the Payment then click “View Bank Transaction”.
Cheers

Instead of “create a new purchase” use the “pay down multiple invoices or assign to a supplier account” option. This covers all cases of supplier payments that aren’t simple payment in full for a single purchase - part payments towards a larger purchase, one payment split across several purchases, or assigning as a prepayment to use later against purchases you haven’t yet created.

I’ve no idea what you’re doing here.

Click this
then this
then this

Ah okay. Thanks Ian. I think I may had read the “pay down multiple invoices …” bit and that put me off reading the rest of the message. I’ll make a note of that for future reference.

I managed to tag it in the end by creating the prepayment and then linking it to the bank transaction.

1 Like

“I’ve no idea what you’re doing here”.

Me neither :grinning:

But I think I’ve got it sorted now, thanks. I’ve made a note of your steps for future reference.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.