Purchase Analysis

In Sales I can go in to a customers profile and in “view” see a Statement and use that feature to check the turnover of a customer between 2 dates.
It helps me see how much business I do with certain customers in a financial year, or calendar year, or any other given period. By looking at the invoices I don’t get this.
(There may be a simpler way to do this - open to input :slight_smile: )

In purchases however I don’t seem to have this option. In the supplier profile, then in view, I only get the option to see “all invoices” which in the case of one of my couriers is almost daily and goes back to the time I started my business, so nigh on impossible to wade my way through several hundred transactions.

Can anyone advise if there is a way to get statement, as I can in the sales part?

Thanks
Richard

Hi @RTSLTD

The statement function is there as it’s usually used to present to your customers to show them their actions with your business. With a supplier, it’s usually them who would send you a copy of one.

However, if you’re looking for just a figure of “this is how much we have spent between x and x”, there is a way it can be done (and the same can be done for clients too).

1. Go to the supplier in question
  2. Click ‘View’ and select ‘All Invoices’
  3. Click ‘Advanced Search’ and enter a date range (or click ‘Present range’ and select on from there), and click ‘Submit search’

1 Your results will load, and a total will appear on the right hand side, along with a list of every credit and invoice associated with that client/supplier:

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Yes that’s helped thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.